Complaint Handling and Dispute Resolution Policy
How to make a complaint
The World Expeditions Travel Group (WETG) aims to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention.
You should first raise your issue with the (WETG) agent with whom you dealt with or if booked through a travel agent, then the agent who was managing your reservations.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to us by:
- Telephone: 0800 008 7741 within the UK or +44 20 8875 5070
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: +44 20 8870 7014
- Post: Sherpa Expeditions, 1b Osiers Road, London SW18 1NL, United Kingdom
Please provide as much detail as possible about your complaint, including the outcome you would like.
If you need help to describe or send your complaint, or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please feel free to contact us.
How we will handle your complaint
The appropriate internal consultant or manager will oversee the complaints process. This person is responsible for working with you and relevant agency staff, to ensure that the issues you raise are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.
We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of the agency, we will obtain your consent first.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
How long will it take?
We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
We will send you acknowledgment of receipt of the complaint within five business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with your complaint and we will try to finalise the matter within four business weeks.
What action will we take in response to your complaint?
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things we might do include:
- take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised,
- give you additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it,
- take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
The information that we will need from you;
When we are investigating your complaint we will be relying on information provided by you and information we may already be holding. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary. To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will ask you for the following information:
- Your name and contact details,
- The name of the person you have been dealing with about your travel service,
- The nature of the complaint,
- Details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the compliant,
- Details of conversations you may have had with us that may be relevant to your complaint,
- Copies of any documentation which supports your complaint.
What if you are still unhappy?
Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter. You reserve the right to refer your complaint to your relevant consumer protection agency at any time.